Local Rule 83.2 A governs admission to practice in the United States District Court for the Western District of Pennsylvania. Anyone wishing to be admitted to practice in this court should comply with the following:
1. You must obtain a movant who is an attorney admitted to practice in this court, and is a member in good standing. The admittee and movant must be present in court. The movant will orally move your admission before a United States District Judge.
2. Complete the form on the link at the top of this page. The Clerk's Office will contact you once the application is reviewed to provide the available dates and times of admission ceremonies. The fee is $191.00, and all checks must be made payable to "Clerk, U. S. District Court." The fee is paid at the time of your admission.
Pro hac vice admissions are governed by Local Rule 83.2 B.
Those wishing to be admitted pro hac vice must comply with the following:
1. A motion for admission pro hac vice must be made by the attorney seeking to be admitted and must be accompanied by an affidavit from the attorney seeking to be admitted pro hac vice (hereinafter the
“affiant”). The affidavit must include the affiant’s name, law firm affiliation (if any), business address, and bar identification number.
2. Pay the pro hac admission fee of $70 per attorney at the time of filing of the motion.
3. The motion for admission must contain certification that the admittee has read, knows and understands the Local Rules.
4. Admittee must become a registered user of the Western District of Pennsylvania's ECF system.
The Court will not rule on motions for admission pro hac vice until such certification and ECF registration requirements are met.