United States Judge for the Middle District of Pennsylvania
For additional information, contact Chambers at (717) 221-3990.
Deputy Clerk, Rashelle Weida: (717) 221-3928
Chambers: (717) 221-3990
PROFESSIONAL BACKGROUND ENTERED ON DUTY
October 27, 1998
Chief Judge, September 1, 2006 - August 31, 2013
* 1977-1978 Trial Attorney, Equal Employment Opportunity Commission
* 1978-1980 Assistant Attorney General, State of Colorado
* 1980-1986 Deputy District Attorney, Denver, Colorado
* 1986-1991 Deputy Attorney General, State of Pennsylvania
* 1991-1992 Chief Counsel, Pennsylvania Independent Regulatory Review Commission
* 1993-1995 Senior Associate Attorney, Wolf, Block, Schorr & Solis-Cohen
* 1995-1998 Secretary of the Commonwealth, Pennsylvania Department of State
SELECTED PROFESSIONAL ORGANIZATIONS
* Former Member, National Association of Secretaries of State
* Former Member, Women Executives in State Government
* Member, Pennsylvania Bar Association
* Former Member, Advisory Board, Parents Anonymous of Central Pennsylvania
* Former Vice Chair, Statutory Law Committee, Pennsylvania Bar Association
* Member, Board of Directors, Harrisburg Community Theatre Association
* B.A., Magna Cum Laude, 1973, Nicholls State University\
* J.D., 1976, Tulane University School of Law
Written correspondence from counsel to the court.
Judge Kane prefers that counsel communicate with the court through formal motion, except as noted below for discovery disputes.
Preference for the use of telephone conferences rather than in-person conferences for any category of conferences scheduled in connection with a case.
Judge Kane prefers the use of telephone conferences rather than in-person conferences for any category of conferences scheduled in connection with a case. Initial case management conferences will be conducted by telephone. Thereafter, status and discovery conferences are by telephone in most cases. Pretrial and settlement conferences are conducted in person.
Copies of Papers Courtesy copies of motions, briefs, and other writings for chambers.
Courtesy copies are not required and should not be delivered to chambers.
Motions For questions of procedure, contact Chambers at (717) 221-3990.
Trail For questions of procedure, contact Chambers at (717) 221-3990.